Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Extent


With August 5th and our series debuting on YouTube just days away, we're working hard to get things finished up. I just finished writing a re-scene (a scene that wasn't doable - so it was rewritten to be totally doable instead) and a promo commercial (for a fantasy company I invented that one of our protagonists works for).

It feels good to continue to produce creativly. It's way better than producing algorithms, right? Or producing shitty diapers. Or clearing tables. Or cooking burgers. Plus, you can wear a house coat, and not much else, while you're at it.

In the re-scene, we went from having two main actors, a guest star, a restaurant set, and at least a dozen extras - to two main characters in a house. Nice! I totally made that scene exponentially easier to produce. (I give myself two thumbs up.) Also, this scene falls in episode 14, at least 12 weeks away, so ... we're on schedule for that.

Now, if we were hypothetically trying to film a scene in an Iraqi school house for episode four, but were having trouble finding a location to film in, and having trouble finding Arab child-extras - well, you can imagine our worries of what to do.

Anyhow, besides that, I'm wicked-psyched for this show to his the airwaves. I hope you are, too.

No comments: