Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New couches

Welcome to September everybody. We just had two new pieces of furniture delivered today, and they're very nice. I'm not sure how we're going to set them up just yet (and I'm sure my fiance will have some input on the matter) so I'm happy to have them, but still not sure where they're going to fit.

I've tidied up some more of the kitchen, which is good. It's coming along - but still needs SO MUCH work. Luckily, our place doesn't need any renovations or anything before we set everything up - I can't imagine what it would be like to spend a week renovating the place while still living in boxes and stuff. Even taking a day or two to paint a couple rooms might be a bit trying - but next time we move, I expect these are some of the things we will likely do. I'm taking deep breaths already.

So far, Peterborough is nice. The weather has been sunny and welcoming, and the evenings have been quiet and cold - good for sleeping. The new curtains did the trick. Now the room is so dark, it seems like the alarm clock is a glowing spotlight. It's crazy. But the curtains are great. The ones in the front room are nice, too. When I get a more reliable connect speed, I'll post some pictures of the place up for everyone to enjoy - along with images of our couch, too.

Friday comes the dryer, which I hope just snaps in, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to find some metal piping/tubing to run to the exhaust vent. We'll have to wait and see.

Also, I've got a great idea to show you guys some day soon, and I hope you'll like it. I'll take a picture and send it to you as soon as I can. I think it'll be funny and cute.

I've also got to spruce up my resume and try and indicate that I'm even remotely bilingual if I want a good shot at that job at Parks Canada. I imagine that one of the colleges here will have a French course for adults or something (St. Claire in Windsor sure did) so perhaps they can give me a job while I take a course or something to solidify my francais? I'm also going to do some work and see if I can get in good with the Peterborough Petes and see if I can't contribute some writing of some sort with them. I had a great time with the Spitfires for the last few years, and this would be allot of fun, too.

Extent
The latest stats before the next episode of the Extent which you can tell I'm excited for by reading the last few posts, are as follows: Episode 1 (1,319 views); Episode 2 (1,220 views); Episode 3 (811 views). I'm really looking forward to this next one - stay tuned tonight for it!

Lastly
There's a trail that leads into some woods right off of our parking lot, and I'm going to go check it out, then come home and finish up some errands, and then make my fiance dinner. I hope that trail is sweet - I might start jogging on it (today I'll just take the bike and scope it out).

talk to you soon

No comments: