Thursday, September 17, 2009

Projects, Loch Monsters & Spinophorosaurus

Mmmmm. Boy, I do enjoy a nice coffee.

Lefevre's Redemption
Well, I said I'd be working on this some more, and I have. As for rereading the whole thing and taking notes - then brainstorming ways to improve the characters, story and cohesion between everything (while eliminating the time travel *phew*) I have reread the thing again making an inventory of all of the scenes in every chapter - so I've got a detailed background of what happens, to whom, at what point - meaning changing character's and their plots will be much easier to track, which is good.

The next step is redrafting the story lines (most importantly, removing the time travel) adding some neat new ideas (which I think will add a few meaningful layers to the characters) and make sure I like how the new story fills out.

The next step after that would be to rewrite all of the material that I want to put in, and edit all the stuff I want to take out - that's a big step, too. But after that, I'm real close to having the book I wanted to write in the first place, which is important. The next step after that is to get a few people to read it, give it a critique, and then take all of their input and go over the book once again (I may have read it about eight times already) and may read it up to 14 times before I'm ready to send it to a publisher, which I will one day.

The Extent | Trust Fund Baby
I hope you liked the episode - there was a funny scene that was taken out of the episode (in fact, a few things had been changed from the draft I made) and if you were interested in seeing what a script looks like before the actors and directors get at it, I could post it up here, but I think I'd only do that upon request. So let me know if you'd like to see what 10 minutes of Youtube looks like on paper.

Rights to the Loch Ness Monster
Someone apparently has the rights to the Loch Ness Monster, if it's ever recovered, believe it or not.
The Loch Ness monster will go on display at London’s Natural History Museum if it is caught under a deal negotiated with bookmakers William Hill.

The museum has secured the rights to showcase Nessie’s remains should it be captured, in exchange for verifying her existence on behalf of the bookmakers.

Under the deal, formalised in 1987 and revealed in archive documents released by the museum, William Hill pays the museum an annual fee on return for the guarantee its experts will provide “positive identification” of the elusive creature.

The agreement, which has netted the museum at least £22,000, also covers the Yeti. The bookmaker currently offers odds of 500/1 on the existence of the Loch Ness monster being proved within a year and 200/1 for the Yeti.
So, if there is a Loch Ness Monster, you'll know where to find it.

Other awesome monsters
(lost the hyperlink to this story- I didn't write this:)
A pair of nearly complete long-necked, long-tailed, sauropod dinosaurs from 170 million years ago may help dinosaur researchers fill in the blanks on the origins of the biggest of ancient beasts.

The dinosaurs measured 42 feet from nose to spike-equipped tail, from which Spinophorosarus ("spike-bearing lizard") gets its name. The bony tips in its tail likely swatted away predators.

"Because we know comparatively little of dinosaurs from the time period in which Spinophorosaurus lived, the discovery is a “puzzle piece” that helps fill in a pretty big gap in our understanding of evolution in the Jurassic," Harris says.

No comments: