Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What I did that you didn't


On the list of things that I did today that I'm certain you didn't do today...

I saw Elvis Stojko. That's right, world champion figure skater Elvis Stojko.

How and why? Well, I was out at the Memorial Centre here in Peterborough talking with the assistant general manager of the Peterborough Petes about some side-work for their online newsletters, and while we were there, there was a TV crew doing some promotional work for ... Stojko's new show, "Rock the Ice." This according to the Peterborough Examiner.

Now, I'm not a fan of figure skating, but I respect world dominance in any form, and when he dominated the world with the first triple-whatever he did, that was cool. I didn't get to see him do much figure skating, he was mostly posing for pictures with some other figure skaters - but he did one of those spins, where you start standing up and then go down into a tuck, and stand back up again, while going wicked-fast. Let me tell you, in person, like, when he's only a few feet away - they move fast! Seriously fast.

I also got to interview Zach Kassian, the Pete's new captain and first round draft selection of the Buffalo Sabres last June. More on that when it's done - for the record, Kassian is awesome.

No comments: