Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Petes article

Size does make a difference
Tall goalies are getting a good buzz these days – they cover so much of the net that it leaves blitzing wingers little to shoot at. The Pete’s have themselves the biggest of the bunch – Jason Missiaen, who towers over everyone at an honest 6’8.

Missiaen started filling out the net when he was eight years old. “Ever since I was little, I’ve always been the tallest kid in my class. It’s nothing new to me. I don’t find it too awkward, I’ve always been pretty coordinated for my size,” says Missiaen.

He knows that being big helps. “Obviously, being bigger, you fill up more of the net. It gives shooters less to shoot at,” he admits, “and I don’t have to get on my tippy-toes when I help out around the house. It’s a little perk, I guess.”
Read on ...
For the record, Jason was a funny guy - and totally tall.

No comments: