Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lefevre's Redemption update

Lefevre's Redemption continues to plod forward - albeit not full-time forward (like I was hoping a little while ago) but forward nonetheless. I've been spending a lot of time on blog posts lately (have you noticed that they've contained a lot more material in them than ... oh say, ever?).

That doesn't mean that I haven't been working (albeit slowly) on the novel, too. And good things are coming of it. In the last time since I've posted an update on the book, I have:

105 pages collated into the second draft, I'm up to the mid-way point in Chapter Seventeen, and have the next 13 story beats plotted out and ready to put in sync.

I think I was only at page 56 last time I made an update on the matter - so that's fair progress. The book ISN'T 200 pages - so I'd have to think that there's only another 50 (or so) more pages to go! Awesome.

So, still on the schedule:

Chapter 17, scenes 3, 4
Chapter 18, scenes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Chapter 19, scenes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Chapter 20, scenes 1, 2, 3, 4
Chapter 21, scenes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Chapter 22, scenes 1, 2, 3
Chapter 23, scenes 1

I've also realized that by taking the first part of the story, and the second part of the story, and basically shuffling them together like two parts of the same deck of cards, isn't quite an accurate way of how this story is going to be pieced together. When I was redesigning the plot points and scene outlines, I was basically describing the scenes as they existed, and synchronizing them in order in the narrative. Then I added some ideas to help blend them all together - but that's not quite how this is working out, either.

It's been a very interesting process, but one for the better, no doubt. I'm very eager to get this wrapped up. Will it be done by Christmas? By New Years? Any time soon?

Well, I'm closer than ever - and still have lots of time to dedicate to it, so we can only wait and see. And by we, I mean me. I'm sure everyone else is tired of hearing about this thing I've been working on (and thus mentioning pathologically) all the time. I think everyone's ready to hear that it's done. Believe me, I'm one of those people, too. Hey, we've got stuff in common.

No comments: