Sunday, July 18, 2010

Me v. Golf

We went golfing yesterday, and we both shot the rounds of our lives. It was awesome. I came in a an 'honest' 89 just one stroke above my golf partner, who stroked out only 90 to finish the 18 holes. Pretty good, if we do say so ourselves.

As for the new job - I've been offered a kitchen position at a place on main street (actually called Queen Street) called The Front Porch. We've eaten there before back when we were scouting out houses to move into back in mid-February. An interesting link between our first impressions of the area and our new lives here.

That job begins tomorrow morning at 9:30. Not sure how long a shift is there, but I would imagine that the dinner rush starts around 5 p.m., and you would probably finish the prep for the dinner shift after the lunch rush, but wouldn't be expected to stay for the dinner rush which would likely last till 7:30 p.m. I just can't imagine that I'll have regular 10 hour shifts.

So I'm excited for this. It's an interesting menu looking for me to contribute in more ways than just a prep cook, which is great. The other job I was offered was a prep-cook and wasn't quite full-time. So it was an easy decision.

Other news: there's an open-mic coffee bar around the corner from our house. Apparently you "register" and they make time for you on Mondays to come in and play a set. If you're the only one there, you can play for like 2 hours straight. I'd be interested in something like that.

Anyhow, I've got to go do something in the garage to a bike.

No comments: