Thursday, July 29, 2010

Moon

Moon, starring Sam Rockwell. It's on tonight, I'm watching it. I've been hoping to watch this for a long while - saw it in Blockbuster last March, I think, and never got a chance to rent it. I'm really looking forward to it. I've discovered that I'm a solid Sam Rockwell fan, and enjoy whatever roll he plays, granted I haven't seen all his stuff*.

I genuinely don't know what it's about - something like, astronaut goes to the Moon (or to its orbit at least) and returns with questions about his identity. That's pretty vague, and I can't be any more clear until I check this one out. I've been pumped about it for a while.



While at the store, I was also looking to rent Annie Hall, The Four Rooms (ask me about this one before you see it - you absolutely must pay attention to a cinematic technique that Tarentino uses during the last vignette) and Gangster Number One. I haven't seen Annie Hall yet, but I'd sure like to. It's supposed to be a classic.

Since then, we did manage to find The Four Rooms in a little rental place in Peterborough called Have You Seen ... which specializes in art, foreign and hard to find movies. Definitely worth a walk-through.

I'll let you know how Moon goes.

*Sam Rockwell was great, according to me, in:
  • Choke (2008)
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)
  • The Green Mile (1999)
And his filmography will also tell you that, if you were to watch the ol' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from 1990, you'd see that he was the "Head Thug" of The Foot, which is a neat little bit of trivia.

No comments: