My grandmother died (again): The least believable excuses for missing work
The least believable excuses for missing work
On the lighter side of life, Ceridian LifeWorks, a top provider of Employee Assistance Programs, asked HR managers to share the most unbelievable reasons their employees have given for missing work. They included:
- I was trapped in my house by a skunk.
- I have head lice.
- The barometer was too high.
- The neighbor’s dog died in front of my garage, and I couldn’t get the door open.
- I couldn’t open my garage door because the power went off.
- My car tires were repossessed, and my car was up on blocks.
- I left my car keys at work last night.
- I didn’t have a key to lock my house because my mom took it.
- My washing machine was broken, so I had no clean clothes.
- I dropped my kid’s bike on my foot.
- I got so sunburned on the weekend that I couldn’t get dressed. (I'd believe this one - but you'd have to obviously look sunburnt the next day at work)
- My apartment was so cold that my hair froze after I washed it.
April Fools on Us! - *This is me. I love surprises, you know. I like parties, too!* Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with Grandpa James. Tha...
2 years ago