Monday, September 27, 2010

Busy week

Looking forward to getting a lot of things done this week - there's the usual routine of things that we all have to do most weeks, but we've got a wedding this weekend, which should be fun. So we've got some of that to plan for.

wait! This comic is funny:

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Next - I've got a comic I'm almost finished almost ready to go, plus I'll be starting on another due out at the end of the month, which I've been meaning to do for a long time. At the end of the month (Sept. 30) I fully intend on drawing the Tomb of the Undead script I've been developing for all of this time. This means that before too long I will be able to start posting pages of the comic - which is very exciting. The hardest part is definitely worrying about what the first page will look like - it has to awesome, but ... maybe it just has to look like it fits with the rest of the story.

Also - each week I am going to be editing/taking notes on a chapter of Lefevre's Redemption. This week is chapter five, which I'm looking forward to. I've read a lot of good fiction over the last few months and read a lot more on the art of fiction writing - and I think there are some great new influences and ideas to include to make the reading much smoother. So that's exciting - once I've completed the first 50 or so pages of the manuscript - I might immediately edit it again and submit it to publishers for consideration (they usually only take the first few pages .. hopefully they're interested and ask for more pages).

Beyond that - I'll be booking a bed and breakfast for our first anniversary at the end of October - which will be wonderful. We'll head out to Ottawa and tour around for a day and a couple of evenings. Should be nice (and it will definitely be nice to not be stuck there in early January this time!)

Lastly - I spent some time reviewing the last 30 years of the NHL draft to make "all star" teams from each one. The challenge will be to you - which team is the best? Rank them in order of awesome. Perhaps I'll just post one at a time for a while - and integrate them into a list of excellence as we go? Maybe that will be more fun - as it will draw the game out a little, and not overwhelm with too much information all at once.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I'm missing - but I'm going to head to the library to see if I can find some inspiring National Geographic issues to help with Tomb of the Undead.

No comments: