Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Job application

I've been working on a job application for a couple days now (no thanks to a couple split-shifts at work that have interfered with my timing) but I'm almost set to send it out this morning. I had to finish it up last night - but I was real tired ... probably a good idea to sleep on it before submitting.

Writing gigs require a lot of material when you're submitting a job application, mostly because they want work samples from you. I'd love to have three or four "go to" pieces to submit (which I do) but each writing position has a different focus, so you've got to go back through all of your clippings to find the appropriate stories that best relate to the position you're applying for.

Kitchen jobs
Kitchen jobs: you just call and ask if they're hiring.

No comments: