Saturday, October 30, 2010

Making Jacko - lanterns

This is it!

So ... after all, I wound up making a Jacko lantern anyhow. It didn't seem like a good idea at the time - I mean, how do you carve a pumpkin to resemble the Prince of Pop? Well, turns out that the This is it! tour/movie that was released posthumously has a wonderful graphic that's simple enough to stencil into this. So good for them, making Jacko! lanterns.

As for my costume, I haven't put it together yet, and I'll have to do a little artwork to make it look like I bothered putting any time into it at all - but it should be alright. Low-budget, but relevant is the name of the game this year. Wifey is presenting herself as Spiderman, so we're going out 'couples style' and I'm going to try and match her costume.

No spoiling the surprise, but I hope to have a picture of it soon. My greatest failure as a blogger on Hallowe'en was to not get a picture of my Rockin' Ronny costume - it was marvelous. Now we've got a great digital camera (thanks to the in-laws on our anniversary) and I can get pix of things all the time.

No comments: