Monday, December 20, 2010

Before it can be 2011

In my week off between Christmas and New Years, I think I really want to stop and look back at the past year in more detail. It's definitely been one that's been unlike any others.

I've lived in Peterborough, Nobleton and Port Perry, I've worked in Aurora, Port Perry and Peterborough, been layed off for the first time in my life, been unemployed, worked two kitchen jobs, and finally wound up working at a new company that's basically exactly what I was looking for.

And of course there's so much more than that - there might be a hundred new people I met, and of course, a new house.

A lot has gone on in the past 12 calendar months - and I think I want to stop and really think about it all. Stop and think what I've learned from all of it. Or, not stop, but keep going forward and see what can be applied from all that's happened.

Maybe rank the top three highlights from each month and try and make a highlight reel for the year or something. It's a year worth remembering, and I'd like to try and understand it better. Try and understand all the things that brought me to where I am now. It's been a long one - it's been an odd one, and .... considering where it's all wound up - it's been a rewarding one.

But - there's more to be said and more to be understood. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: