Wednesday, January 26, 2011

cool couple days

My wife and I had a rather unique opportunity this week to have some real fun together in Peterborough, just like the old days recently.

She has training for work once in a while, and I work in Peterborough - so when she has a two-day program, she got a hotel room and we both stayed in town. This saved us a trip, and gave us an evening in Peterborough to hang with friends, visit with newborns, have pizza, watch a movie at the theatre, and go to lunch together. It was real nice.

We even caught Sports Net on cable this morning - which was neat. The Leafs lost, but it was still neat (I have a new theory on why the Leafs are in tough shape - it stems back to John Ferguson Jr and all his no-trade clauses).

We saw Barney's Version last night, and it was nice. It makes more sense if you knew that it was based on a novel by Mordecai Richler before you go in.

Anyhow - after a few interruptions at work, some long interviews and a lunch date, I was way behind in my work, and am having to wrap up my obligations from home. here it is, 9 p.m., and I'm still chipping away.

BUT it'll be done shortly and then I can start all over again at 6 a.m. to head back into work.

It's seemed like a long week already, seemed like a long week before it was even Tuesday. That's weird.

Anyhow - let's hope the rest of the week is awesome.


No comments: