Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weeding and water

Baseball was a lot of fun, but I have a strong feeling that our league won't have a lot of big hits or plays in the outfield because of the pitching structure. Basically, with the size of the strike zone, the odds of you seeing a good pitch in the right location for positive contact is really small.

You can get three strikes without having a ball get anywhere close to a "strike zone" in any other traditional form of baseball. But - I can live with that. It just changes much of the way we play defense and approach batting.

From there, I can admit, I have been really sore and stiff from the first game, which was compounded by a serious amount of weeding yesterday. For some reason my arms and legs are exhausted and tired. I'm sure that will pass -

which leads to my experiences with water today so far. The moisture in the air came in the house, especially because we've had the windows open, which is no surprise. Yet, I hadn't expected for that moisture to affect the pages of my graphic novel that I've been working on. They're moist enough that I'm leery of inking the pages to day for fear that the ink will leech.

I'll give it a try, and just hope that it's not as big of a concern as I think it'll be.

Lastly, I'm doing a load of laundry - a large load, but nothing special, and I'm a bit disappointed that our washer has small and medium settings, but no large. Instead, there's SuperPlus. I have an ambition to try and conserve water, but this doesn't seem to fit the bill. I defintely had more laundry in there than a medium load (which I'd measure as "half full") but certainly didn't have it super-plussed to the rim.

No comments: