Sunday, May 13, 2012

Round 3 picks

My picks: LA v. NJ for the finals. 
Fate's likely response: Phoenix v. Rangers 

Now that the Rangers are officially their way to the third round, it's time to say that my worst fears were realized. Every team I preferred to win has lost, and so that makes me either 100 % upset, or 100 % right. (first time for everything).

I was going to say that late games are the worst for me, and I won't watch any of them, because I just won't stay up too late when I've got work in the morning. HOWEVER, it looks like in the schedule for the two teams, only two games between them will be played before an 8 p.m. start.


05-13
Kings
v.
Coyotes
-8:00 PM (ET)


05-14
Devils
v.
Rangers
-8:00 PM (ET)


05-15
Kings
v.
Coyotes
-9:00 PM (ET)


05-16
Devils
v.
Rangers
-8:00 PM (ET)


05-17
Coyotes
v.
Kings
-9:00 PM (ET)


05-19
Rangers
v.
Devils
-1:00 PM (ET)


05-20
Coyotes
v.
Kings
-3:00 PM (ET)


05-21
Rangers
v.
Devils
-8:00 PM (ET)


05-22
Kings
v.
Coyotes
-9:00 PM (ET)


05-23
Devils
v.
Rangers
-8:00 PM (ET)

THAT's a bit ridiculous, but .... perhaps I didn't want to watch these games anyhow?


Los Angeles v. Phoenix 
I think I'd prefer watching the players on the LA Kings play in the finals rather than the Coyotes. LA had a bit of a round-about season, but once they reunited Richards and Carter, finally, they seemed to get their act in gear.

So ... will rooting for the Kings give Phoenix the bump they need to make it to the finals? LA has only lost one game in the playoffs, and Phoenix has only lost three. So one of these teams is going to lose more games in the next two weeks than they have in the last two rounds.

New Jersey v. New York 
I've come to really like the Devils in the playoffs. I think they're the disciplined team that has enough game-breakers that they can sneak through the playoffs really well. They had some trouble with consistency in Florida (who were genuinely heart-broken to lose that playoffs round). NJ was much better against Philly. I was hearing one analyst saying that this matchup has the potentially to be more crazy than the PIT v. PHI series (if you can believe that).

I really appreciate what NJ has been doing, I'm keen for Brodeur to have a big push to wrap up his career, and I just like how mean Kovalchuk plays. I think this series could be a lot of fun to watch. Too bad all the damned games start at 8 p.m. again - (I won't watch a third period of any of these series!)

My picks: LA v. NJ for the finals.
Fate's likely response: Phoenix v. Rangers



























































































1 comment:

legs said...

I would like to make a comment....

Meh.

That is all.