Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Reading List

The reading list is an interesting exercise, because I can remember the special places I was while I was reading, in some cases (whereas, most of it's done lying in bed). The nostalgia of it all is all the more prevalent when I look at last year's list, where I did most of the reading in a quiet room at my old place of business during my lunch hours (which might be another indicator that I wasn't fitting in there.)

I had a strong start to the year that set me on pace to read way more than I would have expected, courtesy of a pleasant, sunny trip to Mexico.



Hannibal, by Thomas Harris


New Rules, by Bill Maher

Breakfast of Champions, by Kurt Vonnegut


Lost Encyclopedia
, by Paul Terry and Tara Bennett

Heart of Darkness (but NOT Tales of Unrest) by Joseph Conrad (my emphasis)



The English Patient, by Michael Ondaatje


Fifth Business
, by Robertson Davies

Driven, by John Lawrence Reynolds and Robert Herjavec
(This book is a vacuous waste of time, FYI)


The Alphabet of Manliness, by Maddox



Animal Farm
, by George Orwell


The Jungle Book, by Rudyard Kipling


The Little Book of Zen,
by Lawrence Teacher Books

Things the Grandchildren Should Know, by Mark Oliver Everett


Gremlins 2: The New Batch, by David Bischoff


No comments: