Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cleveland Day 2.01

Well, it's Sunday morning, my fiance's birthday - and we're about to head out to the zoo. But we've got to get dressed, showered, packed and checked out before we do that.

Yesterday was pretty cool, though. Here's what it looked like:

Started the day off sleeping in real well, and then looking for somewhere to eat. We wound up at a place across the street from Progressive (Jacob's) Field, called Local Heroes (not pictured). Then, we went and found our seats in the ball park.


Progressive Field was neat - the bullpens are both in the right field, though.
There's some great standing room in the back, too.


The Jays had a good game, and Roy Halladay was awesome - although I don't know if he got the win for the game or not. The Jays have been pretty good over the last few games, and to evidence how well they've been doing, I made sure to take a snapshot of their battling lineup, which also shows their batting averages.


Look at those batting averages! Hard to beat a team with
a lineup like that. Granted, it didn't finish looking like that.


The Jays were doing awesome all game until BJ Ryan came in, loaded the bases on mostly walks, and then let a guy score a three RBI double in the bottom of the ninth! Not good relief work. Luckily, the Jays had a four-run lead, and were able to bring in another closer to finish the job that BJ f-ed up.

Now, the weather in the sun was wonderful, and I even got some sun in my cheeks. But the weather in the shade was like 35 fahrenheit. It was cold! At times I could see my breath, and was thankful that the Indians were giving away free scarves to people who came to the game.

Also, I think I've discovered the solution to the American Auto Industries problems. Just slap this logo on the car, and every American will buy one.


Seriously, I saw more The North Face jackets than
I did Indians gear. If The North Face was a sports franchise,
it'd be grossing more than the Maple Leafs, Man U and the
Yankees put together. People LOVE The North Face - so
much that it makes me suspicious.

I plan to make a jack exactly the same called, The South Face. My slogan: Yes, I know you have a North Face jacket, hell, everyone does. But do you have a South Face jacket? A zillion dollars later (by only next year) and I will then sell the company and tell everyone that I made the jackets out of something horrible, like vellum, or something.

There are many more things to relate about our trip yesterday, but I'm getting the stink eye to pack my things up and get out of the hotel room so we can get to the zoo.

I'll post more (may be tonight?) with more pictures about our trip.

talk to you all soon,

No comments: