Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cleveland Day 3

Hi folks,

I've got to make some adjustments to some of the pictures I took at the zoo today, so I won't be able to post them all up, but I'll be sure to put some up that are okay as they are. In a lot of cases, the zoo is not lit very well, and you don't want to use a flash on the animals (and some are under water) so I'm going to some light photo-editing to touch'em up and get them ready to be online.

Things I noticed about Cleveland

There is nobody there. There aren't people in the streets, they aren't on the sidewalks, they aren't anywhere. I don't think I even noticed apartment buildings - there just weren't people around. It was a very quiet town with nobody in it.


Notice this empty street. This is what the city was
like all weekend. The absolutely only thing that you saw on
the streets were red lights.


But there were some very nice avenues that we were able to effortlessly walk down, like this charming little spot.


Pretty neat street, eh? It had its charm, and little shops
all along it. No pedestrians or cars, but there were shops!


Here's a neat picture of the city, too. Again, not a car or pedestrian in sight.

Going to the zoo, zoo, zoo

The zoo was pretty neat, but it was missing some things that we were hoping to see, including elephants, cassowaries and giant tortoises. But there were plenty of neat things, including some of the stuff I've added below.


Here's a neat alligator - it was a miniature type of alligator.


Here are some monkeys. One is a proctologist, as you can see.

... and a bald eagle.

I'll be sure to add some more pictures tomorrow. I hope you've enjoyed our updates over the last few days.

No comments: